Friday, December 22, 2017

Escape With High Spirits

I seem to find myself in the same place year after year. Suddenly, we are in December...the days are flying by, I'm sitting on a number of records that were released over the past year, and I'm scrambling to get them posted on the blog before I write up my year end summary. I've got some work to do to get things locked down over the next week or so.

A few months ago, I noticed that High Spirits were releasing a new EP, and I let it pass me by. The band had released three great albums over the last five years, but I was still hesitant to throw down the money for another record from the band.

A few months went by, and I was hearing from Sandwell just how great the new songs were, and it got me thinking that maybe I should chase this record down...then, a day later, the band posted on Facebook that they had a few more copies in their webstore, which gave me the opportunity to pick it up without paying overseas shipping, so I jumped on it.

Four songs of early 80's influenced Heavy Metal with hooks and melody for days.

350 pressed on black vinyl.

No comments: