Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Splatter Vinyl Or Die

Burn released a new 7 inch last year, and even though I was hesitant about checking it out, I bought into the hype, and grabbed a copy. Surprisingly, the record wasn't terrible...I mean, it was a far cry from their debut, but for Burn in 2016, I kind of enjoyed it.

Fast forward to this year, and when Deathwish announce preorders for a new Burn album, I found myself struggling with those familiar feelings of doubt. I mean, how much was I going to care about this record down the road? A year from now would I have any desire to listen to it, or would it just take up space on my shelf? Still, not wanting to miss out, I took a chance and ordered a copy as soon as they were available.

Opinions on this new record are pretty divided. Some people are delusional and are treating this as the record of the year, totally losing their shit over how great they think it is...while others find it completely unlistenable.

I've only given the record a couple of spins, so time will tell how this holds up, but my initially impression is kind of "meh". Some parts of this record are straight up awkward...that chorus for Do Or Die makes me cringe a little bit...but to be honest, it is these weird moments that make the whole record kind of stand out, and not just sound like another Hardcore record. I'm torn on the whole thing at this point.

One thing is for certain though...Deathwish pulled out all the stops when it came the packaging for Do Or Die. With the thick insert booklet, the poster, the extra stickers...everything looks amazing..even the splatter vinyl looks great.

300 pressed on clear with orange and red splatter.

No comments: