Saturday, December 03, 2016

Not Dead...Just Damaged

Is there anything more disappointing than buying a record online, only to have it arrive packaged in nothing but a bubble envelope. No cardboard reinforcement...nothing...just your vinyl stuffed into an envelope with no protection. Seriously. What kind of person would think this is acceptable?

Needless to say, when my Punks Not Dead record arrived on my doorstep, the corners were pretty well crushed. It wasn't damaged beyond recognition, but it was still heartbreaking.

Buying that GBH EP opened the punk floodgates, and within two days I'd also sent payments for the Barmy Army 7 inch, and The Exploited's first LP, Punks Not Dead. Once I started buying old punk classics, I was on a roll, and couldn't stop hitting that Buy It Now button.

Punks Not Dead is an absolute classic. The record is 35 years old, and still does not fail to get me moving as soon as those riffs kick in.

No comments: