Saturday, September 10, 2016

V is for Vitus

Buying my ticket to see The Skull and Saint Vitus this Fall pushed me to start looking online for pieces of vinyl that I'm missing in the collection. Sometimes you need to chase that immediate need that is right in front of you, and there is nothing like a touring band to call me to action.

Even though Saint Vitus is touring with their original singer, Scott Reagers...which also happens to be my favorite for the band...when I saw the Wino fronted album, V, I couldn't resist due to the $11 price tag.

Normally I would have held out for an original vinyl pressing, but since Tony Reed of Mos Generator did the remastering for this release...and I'm a huge fan of whatever Tony is involved in...I was interested in checking out this pressing.

I'd never heard V prior to this, but like most Saint Vitus releases, this one is as thick and doomy as hell. How many bands can title a song Ice Monkey, and still have it come off super cool?

No comments: