Friday, September 09, 2016

Longing For The Skull

It was recently announced that The Skull and Saint Vitus were doing a Fall tour of the US. I was interested in getting tickets, but then as soon as I saw that Magic Circle were opening the Boston show, there was no turning back at that point. I had to go. Even though I've grown to hate driving into the middle of Boston for shows, I'm making an exception in this case.

While I was hanging out in the All That Is Heavy webstore a couple weeks ago, I noticed that they were carrying the new 7 inch single from The Skull. Having just purchased my tickets to see them live, it seemed like a good time to pick up the band's latest 7 inch release.

Admittedly, it took me a little while to warm up to The Skull's 2014 album, For Those Which Are Asleep. However, after purchasing my tickets to their show, I had that record spinning daily. Man, that thing finally sunk it's hooks in me and wasn't letting go. This new 7 inch follows suit. One new song, The Longing, plus a new recording of their namesake song that was originally done by Trouble back in '85. Great stuff and it has me fired up even more to see them live.

No comments: