Monday, March 14, 2016

Faith And Loyalty To React!

I've been dedicated to REACT! from the start. Hell, even through that awkward stretch of Damages, Fell To Low, and Tranzmitors records...I was buying every pressing that went up for pre-order. Lately though, my head has been in a different place musically. Even though I've still bought every pressing, there have been some newer bands, like Break Away and Not Afraid, that I've really only bothered to listen to a handful of times.

Lately, I've found myself narrowing the focus of my purchasing habits, and trying to buy smarter. There are so many great classic records that I do not own on vinyl, and looking through my collection, and seeing multiple copies of an album from 2013...well, I just think that maybe that money could have been spent more wisely.

When the new For Pete's Sake record was announced late last year, I checked the bandcamp page for a preview of what was to come. I made it through the first song on the record, and was feeling a bit underwhelmed. For the first time since the 2011 release of Skin Like Iron, I skipped a REACT! pre-order. I felt dirty. I felt guilty. I managed to hold out for around three months before I caved and bought a copy anyway.

On the whole, this is a really good Hardcore album. This thing gets off to a slow start, and I feel that if the lead off track was different, I think that I wouldn't have been so hesitant to grab a copy. Thankfully, the transparent blue vinyl was still available, and I didn't end up regretting my procrastination.

125 pressed on transparent blue vinyl.

2 comments:

Cesar P.C. said...

this is one of the few new records out that I wanted a copy, most amazing art and colors scheme. unfortunately I stopped buying records. imagine have to pay 50 bucks for each LP, not affordable anymore.

mcs said...

Really surprised to see that you have not bought all copies of a React! release for once. I really like this LP, but disappointingly missed this colour as it sold out.