Monday, March 28, 2016

Death Of A Dream

It has been a long time since I've ordered direct from Rise Above Records. It has probably been about a year since I bought that diehard edition of the sHeavy album, and since then every Rise Above release, I've purchased locally and saved a shit-ton on shipping costs.

Dream Death were a Metal band from the mid to late 80's. I'd never heard them until a couple years ago, when I downloaded their Journey Into Mystery album...but truth be told, I probably only listened to it twice, before I moved on. I either had a bunch of other stuff I was listening to at the time, or it didn't leave much of an impression on me...either way, I didn't think about the band again until Rise Above announced they were releasing a new album from the band.

I was kind of excited at the prospect of buying another diehard edition from Rise Above, and after quickly previewing their new song, Cold Hard Light, I quickly jumped to place an order once pre-orders were available.

My quick and dirty preview left me thinking that this was going to be a great Doom Metal album. Well, I kind of rushed to judgement on that. This album is decent, but honestly, I don't think that I'm going to return to it very often. Maybe it just needs some time in my daily playlist, and for me to get used to the vocals...I don't know, the whole thing is a little underwhelming right now.

150 pressed on clear vinyl.

No comments: