Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Clear Hare

Each week, I get the email newsletter from Revelation Records. It has some REV news, a Hardcore fun fact, and a listing of all the new releases added to the REVHQ distro. To be honest, I've hardly paid these emails much attention for the longest time...just quick scroll through the list of new additions, to see if anything jumps out at me. Most days, it is a five second process...open, skim, delete...but a couple weeks ago, I see a name that catches my eye. Red Hare.

The Nites Of Midnite album was one of my favorites from 2013, but I kind of figured that it was going to be a one-off kind of deal, and we wouldn't see anything else from the band. Apparently, Red Hare has been busy in the studio, recording a new LP, and Dischord is offering up a three song tease with the Lexicon Mist 7 inch. I've been dragging my feet lately on new Hardcore releases, but I didn't hesitate with this record.

The two originals on here do not fail to deliver the goods...the Lungfish cover on the b-side is okay, but I don't know shit about Lungfish, and this song doesn't really push for me to check them out. Bring on the new album!

No comments: