Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Retaliator/Vigilance

Jason Tarpey has made some serious changes as a singer since fronting the straight edge, youth crew inspired Far From Breaking back in the early 2000's. His style got more dark and aggressive when he took the mic with Iron Age in the latter part of the decade, and now with Eternal Champion things are full on metal.

I fell in love with his new band when I finally checked them out earlier this year. That two song 7 inch was not nearly enough to satiate my appetite, and now they follow it up with a one song split 12 inch. I wasn't going to take any chances on missing this limited pressing, and ordered my copy from overseas at No Remorse as soon as they became available.

The song Retaliator rules, but for the love of all that is metal, this band needs get in the studio and record a proper album! Three songs released over the past two years, and I want more.

The flip side of this split features some epic metal out of Canada with Gatekeeper. This is a pretty good introduction to the band, and I'm digging their contribution, but really, all I want to do it listen to the Eternal Champion song over and over again.

1 comment:

mcs said...

After reading this I was inspired to give Eternal Champion another crack.

Unfortunately, the answer is still no.