Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Record Store Day 2015 - Part 2: Jump In The Fire

I'd already spent a large chunk of change on Record Store Day purchases, and heading to the used record stores, I didn't think that I'd be spending much money. However, I wasn't expecting to hit the Megaforce silver label jackpot.

The store had a Bang Your Head section for their Metal and Hard Rock records, and my jaw dropped when I flipped a few records in and found a first pressing of Metallica's Kill 'Em All vinyl. I've chased this record on and off for the past year or so, and even though the price was a bit high, having it in my hands was too much to resist, and I crossed this heavy hitter off my Want List.

My biggest hang up on buying this record previously, has been trying to find one that wasn't beat to hell. I needed one in great condition, and it obviously needed to include the insert...and this copy fit what I was looking for. As soon as I found it, I fired off a message to Doug, and he was just the bad influence that I needed to convince me to pull the trigger.

Silver labels, baby!

No comments: