Monday, February 16, 2015

Give Until It Hurts

Back in 2010 and 2011, Give released a series of two song 7 inches. Each one was perfect and left me wanting more. Fast forward to 2014 and 2015, and the band gives us a full length LP, and then this 12 inch EP from Revelation...and I'm finding it is all too much.

Are these songs not as strong, or do I just need time to warm up to them? I don't know. Give is still good, and they still bring it live, but I just can't get myself excited for these last two releases.

No doubt about it though, Give gets bonus points for style. The band puts in the extra effort with the design of their record covers, and Sonic Bloom looks simply amazing. Worth it for the artwork alone.

1 comment:

massivewaste said...

No doubt, Give got a lot hype lately ... Strange thing , i prefer this one over most of the singles stuff