Saturday, March 15, 2014

A Grand Triumph

I know that we aren't even three months into the year, but it doesn't change my opinion that Grand Magus probably just released what will be my favorite Metal album for the year.

When Sandwell first introduced me to Grand Magus a couple of years ago, I wasn't really feeling it. Because I trust opinion on all things Metal, I didn't give up on it immediately, and over time they started to sink their claws into me. By the time I picked up The Hunt last year, I was full on hooked on what this band was doing.

When it was announced that a new album was due this year, I eagerly waited to hear what Grand Magus would deliver.

My expectations were set pretty high, and could not resist the urge to listen to a preview when the video for the title track was posted. I was a bit let down when the song initially started, but by the end of it I was completely sucked in...singing along to the chorus and throwing up the devil horns. Hail!

Now, I loved The Hunt, but Triumph And Power somehow improves on the Grand Magus sound. This album consumes me, and I can't get enough of it right now.

When it came time to order the new album, no expense was spared, and I made sure to grab the limited vinyl pressing from Nuclear Blast Germany. Hand numbered and limited to 250 on white vinyl.

No comments: