Sunday, February 16, 2014

Black Is The New Orange

I was recently spinning some early 80's hardcore/punk, and Agent Orange came up on the playlist. I listened to it once, and enjoyed it so much, I set it up for a repeat listen. I couldn't get those songs out of my head, and found that I needed to revisit them daily. I was so obsessed that I started searching for an original Posh Boy Records pressing.

I believe that the first pressing for Living In Darkness had yellow Posh Boy labels. I'm not exactly known for my patience when it comes to record collecting, and when I didn't immediately find a copy with yellow labels, I figured that the second pressing, with silver labels, would have to do.

A few years ago, I was still stoked on vinyl reissues, and I grabbed the orange vinyl pressing that Drastic Plastic did for Living In Darkness. I was cool with it at the time, and figured that it was all that I needed. Nope. Don't get me wrong, I still love the look of the orange vinyl, but I'm glad to finally have a Posh Boy pressing.

No comments: