Tuesday, December 03, 2013

My Favorite Blue Job

I really enjoyed the Red Hare album that Dischord/Hellfire released earlier this year. I like it so much that there have been times when I've flirted with the idea of putting it in the number one spot for my Best of 2013 list.

I was very interested when I heard that Dischord was doing a second pressing of the record, but once I saw what they were doing to it, I didn't hesitate to order a copy.

The first pressing was on red vinyl, with all the art done in the same color...an obvious choice for a band named Red Hare. The second pressing, however, gets a makeover in blue.

It would have been so easy to just wrap the new blue vinyl in the same sleeve as the first pressing, and be done with it. Instead, the label went ahead and changed all the colors on the cover to match the new vinyl pressing, and holy shit, it looks amazing.

No shortcuts on this either, as even the insert gets the blue treatment.

Such an amazing job. What's next? Is Dischord going to be able to keep this up with the next pressing?

No comments: