Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Bringer Of War

Last month, Rob, Paul and I took a quick roadtrip to Worcester to catch the Legends Of Thrash tour as it made it's one stop in Massachusetts. Both Overkill and Kreator were co-headlining, but in my opinion the night belonged to Overkill. I love those old Kreator records, and I'm even down with the new ones...but live, man, they just fell a bit flat. Overkill on the other hand, were just a tornado of energy...full of smiles and running all over the stage. They seemed to really love what they were doing.

I was trying to limit my spending, so at the merch table I had to decide between a sweet Overkill shirt (with a great looking Aerosmith rip off design that was made just for the Worcester show), or the new Warbringer vinyl.

Yeah, vinyl wins that battle every time.

Warbringer were one of those bands from the New Wave Of American Thrash that started kicking around in the mid to late 2000's. Not many of those bands from that era have been able to keep up with Warbringer, as they release their fourth album. While watching the band live, I found that I couldn't keep a smile off my face. They really embrace that whole 80's Thrash vibe, and once their set was done, I knew that I was going to have to pick up their new LP before the night was done.

After buying the vinyl, we started heading out of the club, and bumped into the singer on our way. We stopped and told him that they played a great set, and he was very appreciative and wished us well. As I was getting to my car, it dawned on me that I should have taken the opportunity to snap a picture with him and me, holding the new record. It would have made a nice addition to this blog post. Damn. Missed opportunity.

No comments: