Saturday, December 21, 2013

Another Crusade

Back in 2011, Sandwell blindsided me with one of the biggest surprises of the year...Crusades. Two years later, the band was back with their follow up LP, and again it was Mark that let me know it was available. I had no idea this was on the way, so again, it was a nice surprise.

Much like the new Iron Chic record, I wasn't really feeling the new Crusades when I first heard it. I don't know what my problem is...maybe I've had too much Metal on my mind...but after giving it more than just a casual listen, damn, this album is really good. Great melodic punk with some strong anti-religion themes, and Perhaps You Deliver This Judgement With Greater Fear Than I Receive It has to be one of the longest album titles that I own.

The standard pressing for this LP is on both solid red and brown vinyl. However, when I was picking up a copy over at No Idea, I saw that they also had a special The Fest 12 edition available. I have no idea what the Fest 12 is, but with more limited colored vinyl options, it was an easy decision on which one I wanted. Around 30 pressed on clear red vinyl.

No comments: