Friday, November 01, 2013

Overkillin' It Live

The Legends Of Thrash tour is rolling through Massachusetts tonight, and I'll be heading down to wreck my neck to Overkill, Kreator, and Warbringer. I haven't seen Kreator since their 1990 tour for Coma Of Souls, when they played The Channel in Boston, so I'm really looking forward to their set. Overkill...well, Overkill are one of my favorite bands, and the last couple times that I've seen them, they have played a tight set with a ton of energy. No doubt they will steal the show.

So before I head out let's get this post up for Overkill's new live 10 inch record. I normally wouldn't be too interested in a live 10 inch, but come on...it's Overkill, so there was no way I was going to pass it by.

There are only four songs on this record, and surprisingly not one of them is from Overkill's latest album. The closest we get is Walk Through Fire from their 2007 album, Immortalis. There are no over played classics on here either, which is cool and kind of refreshing.

Limited to 250 on red vinyl, with those cool hand numbered stickers that Nuclear Blast uses for their limited colored vinyl.

No comments: