Thursday, November 21, 2013

Farrah Loves To Get Off!

I'm not that into live albums. They are interesting, especially for bands that are around for a number of years, in that they capture what a band was doing at that particular time in their career...but, it is a pretty rare case for me to ever give them more than a handful of listens.

I'm a huge fan of of all things Keith Morris, and when I heard that there was a new live album from OFF!, I was interested in checking it out. The Live At Generation Records 7 inch was a bit of a bust, but when I saw the track listing for the LP included Rant 1, Rant 2, and Rant 3, I was curious, as I do love between song banter on live records. Overall, this album is a fun listen. It was recorded back in 2011, so it contains 15 of the 16 songs from the first four OFF! EPs, but it also includes Sexy Capitalists, which has never been released. Worth checking out.

When I first heard that OFF! had a new live album out, I immediately started hearing about how it had sold out quickly. Thankfully, I was able to track down a copy, and I quickly purchased it. 1,000 of these things were pressed on red, white, blue, and yellow colored vinyl (plus a limited run of 100 on pink). I figure that red and blue (and possibly even yellow) would look great with the simple black and white cover, and unfortunately, I managed to get the least exciting color of them all...white.

3 comments:

Nico said...

White matches the rest of the OFF! artwork the best. Glad I scooped up a copy on white when I had the chance.

Mike said...

There is too much white between the vinyl and cover...I would have rather had a bit of color.

mcs said...

I didn't manage to get one of these, but when I saw them I decided that the only one I wanted was the white one.