Sunday, November 17, 2013

Blood Bl'ast!

I don't know a whole lot about Bl'ast. I enjoy them, but I don't really spend a whole lot of time with their records...in fact I don't own a single piece of vinyl for them. There was a lot of hype when Double Cross announced that the band had found some long lost recordings, and I got sucked into it, and quickly stepped up to order a copy from Southern Lord.

With a sound like mid-80's Black Flag, and an album cover that is reminiscent of the first Black Sabbath album...there was no way I was going to be able to resist buying this.

The album contains unreleased recordings from the In My Blood session, the main difference is the addition of a second guitarist. Like I said, I'm not too familiar with Bl'ast, so I can't really say how much these songs differ from their originals. All I know is that the songs on Blood, just sound amazing.

The limited red vinyl pressing includes a bonus 7 inch, which contains different recordings of the Alice Cooper and Germs covers that initially appeared on their School's Out 7 inch.

Overall, this entire thing was very well done, and I'm glad that I grabbed one while they were available.

1 comment:

mcs said...

I felt like I slept too long to bother ordering. Didn't want to get stuck with a black one. What's weird is that it looks like european vinyl for the LP but US vinyl for the 7". A weird mix for sure.