Friday, November 15, 2013

Black God III

I really enjoyed Black God when I first heard them last year. I bought a copy of their two 7 inches, and thought that I'd be done. I had no intent to get into the vinyl chase with them, but the more I listened to them, the more I liked them...and once I got hypnotized by the great looking colored vinyl that No Idea pressed for each one, my instincts took over and the hunt was on. Before too long, I'd bagged a few pieces for the collection, and I was feeling good

Then out of nowhere, and without much fanfare, Black God posted on their Facebook page that they had a new record available. I wasn't going to mess around. I immediately headed over to No Idea and scored myself a handful of copies.

No surprises here...this record fits in nicely with their first two. Great stuff.

The first two Black God records each had a set of rules carved into the deadwax of each record. I was looking forward to the next set of commandments from Black God with record number three.

Rule #5: No Splits

Rule #6: No Stress

2 comments:

chris said...

I really like this band but have always had a hard time tracking down their stuff or I'm just too lazy...

Mike said...

I've provided the link to No Idea in this post. No excuses for not buying this record! :)