Wednesday, October 09, 2013

REV Mystery Box Of Nothing

Bridge Nine started the concept a few years ago of a "Mystery Box". It is basically a crapshoot. While there is a possibility of receiving a test press, or some other out of print rarity, you will most likely receive a box of shitty CDs that no one cared about when they were first released. It is a gamble, and when REV announced they were doing the Mystery Box package, I figured that I'd roll the dice.

I didn't know it at the time I placed my order, but the REV Mystery Box came with an exclusive Down To Nothing 7 inch. Earlier this year, REV released the Greatings From Richmond 7 inch, which has two songs from the forthcoming Down To Nothing album, plus one exclusive b-side track. This Mystery Box 7 inch just swaps out one exclusive song for another, so I basically just paid $15 for one song.

500 pressed.

I set my expectation low and the REV Mystery Box hit the mark. Nothing really cool, and a bunch of CDs from bands that I never gave a shit about. Oh well, it was still fun, and I'll probably play along if they do another one next year.

2 comments:

Zhou said...

I got the same shit with the Triple B Mystery Box... Except she doesn't have an exclusive records !

http://cracboomyeah.blogspot.co.at/2013/09/tripe-b-records-mystery-box.html

Across Your Face said...

Worst $15 ever spent. NEver again