Thursday, October 17, 2013

Not Sorry From Salad Days - Good Dudes, Part 2

David does Salad Days Records and is currently in a band, Clean Break, that released one of my favorite demos this year. He is a great guy, and if it weren't for the fact that he's in Portugal, and I'm in the States, we'd be hanging out. I consider him a friend, and because of this, I placed an order for the latest release on his label...the new 7 inch from A Thousand Words.

Honestly, I really didn't like this 7 inch when I first heard it, and I expected that I'd be filing it away to never listen to it again. Still, I wanted to at least give it a couple more tries before writing up this blog post, and it kind of grew on me a little bit. While I'm still not loving it, I've come to like it much more than that initial listen. There is a bit of a Verse vibe going on with the band's sound, and I can dig it.

What really drew my attention for this was the layout. The cover photo looks great...so does the layout...and how about that pink vinyl? Sweet. Stamped labels, numbered and limited to 200.

When David mailed out the package, he dropped me a note saying that I should expect a nice surprise when it arrives. I was looking forward to what it may be, and I was completely surprised when I opened it up and found it was a test press for the Not Sorry record that Salad Days did a couple years ago. Such a great record.

Limited to only 14, and on a great blue/yellow swirl colored vinyl. Thanks, David!

1 comment:

J@screamingforrecords said...

David's a good dude. Always seemed a top guy when I've spoken to him. That Not Sorry record is great too