Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Downpresser Don't Need A Reason

When checking out the new releases over at REVHQ, I was surprised to see a listing for a new Downpresser album. Whoa. I don't follow what every band is up to, but for some reason I would have thought that I'd have heard this was coming.

REV didn't list a colored vinyl option, so I headed over to the 6131 Records store for my copy. While I was to late for the blue vinyl, I had not problem with the clear vinyl option.

Downpresser don't change things up with this new LP. They continue with that thick and heavy sound that I loved from their other records. Man, this album is HARD! I have no tolerance for those tough guys that ruin a fun mosh pit, but damn, this album makes me want to throw punches.

300 pressed on clear vinyl.

2 comments:

xtinox said...

i have a blue copy. but it's such a dark blue that it looks black unless you hold it up to the light. not very thrilling. the music is quite good though.

luciferyellow said...

As you may know I am a BIG Downpresser fan and I saw them live a couple of months ago when they came through here. I talked with the singer and he (they) seemed very nice and humble; certainly not macho-assholes.