Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Die Hard Blood Ceremony

It has been a great year for Metal. With the release of the new Blood Ceremony album, The Eldritch Dark, I now have four contenders for my favorite Metal record of the year.

Blood Ceremony were a great surprise back in 2011, and I eagerly was awaiting their new release this year. As soon as Rise Above put up the pre-orders for the vinyl, I didn't hesitate to grab the deluxe Die Hard pressing.

The Die Hard edition comes packaged like a box set. Rise Above isn't one to cut corners, and this entire thing is quality...something truly special for the collector nerds.

The Die Hard edition also includes a belt buckle featuring the face of the horned god, Pan, and reads "The Old Ways Remain".

As for the album, to be honest, my expectations were set a little low. While their last album, Living With The Ancients, was absolutely amazing, I figured that there was no way the band could top it. I was wrong. From the moment that Alia's voice kicked in with a devilish snarl, "Black magic has risen in Witchwood...", I knew that I was wrong to doubt this band. This album is absolute perfection.

Limited to 100 on black vinyl for the Die Hard edition.

No comments: