Thursday, October 24, 2013

Age Of Taurus

Even though I'd never heard of Age Of Taurus, as soon as Rise Above announced that they were going to be putting up pre-orders for the band's album in the upcoming weeks, I knew that I had to do my homework. Rise Above consistently release some of the best Doom Metal albums, and I didn't want to get caught with my pants down. That label's stuff can sometimes sell out lightning quick, so I better be prepared. After quickly checking out an Age Of Taurus video on youtube, I added it to the list of things to do once the pre-orders went live.

For a band that seemed to come out of nowhere...for me at least...this is really a great Doom album. Once again, Rise Above doesn't disappoint, and they deliver another high quality album.

Because I'd prepared prior to the pre-orders going up, and I was one of the first ones online, I was able to grab the clear vinyl vinyl pressing that is limited to 100.

There was a time when I was hesitant to buy the deluxe Die Hard editions from Rise Above...these days it is an automatic purchase if they are still available. The Age Of Taurus LP comes with a bonus one sided 7 inch and a patch.

2 comments:

mcs said...

Obviously I'm not into any of this stuff, but I'm pleased to see that it looks like they finally started using a decent pressing plant. That vinyl is too clear to come from the usual place.

J@screamingforrecords said...

I need to check these out