Sunday, September 29, 2013

Birds That Were Born To Die

Night Birds ruled my world last year. They were an amazing surprise, and I could not get enough of them. Seeing them play live in Boston just elevated my appreciation for them, as it was one of the best shows that I'd seen in a long time. So much fun.

I was looking forward to the new LP, Born To Die In Suburbia, this year. Even though I was on the edge of my seat, waiting for the pre-orders, I still missed out on the limited screen printed cover. The Night Birds aren't big on colored vinyl, so I'll have to take this one copy on black...but that's okay, as plain black vinyl seems to fit the band perfectly.

As for the new album, I wasn't completely sold on it after the first listen, and I was disappointed. That seems to be the theme lately, as more and more, I need repeated listens before an album sinks in. With this one it took me a handful, and while it doesn't match The Other Side Of Darkness, this thing still has the hooks and energy to still deliver.

1 comment:

J@screamingforrecords said...

Yeah I agree Mike. It's a good follow up but not as good as TOSOD.