Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Red Hare

I love surprises, and one of the best surprises of the year has been Red Hare.

Red Hare consists of three out of four members from Swiz. You could kind of consider it a Swiz reunion, but you have to respect the guys for not looking to cash in on their legacy, and instead they start fresh and build something new with Red Hare. I was interested in checking out their new record, but my expectations weren't too high. I mean, did the guys still have "it" after all these years? I was quickly put in my place. This record is amazing.

What? No mention of Sweetbelly Freakdown?

The rabbits on the album art for this, completely remind me of Watership Down. Such a great movie, but one that scared the shit out of me as a kid.

1 comment:

xtinox said...

looks completely like watership down. wonder if they were influenced by it. you're right it is really a great movie. as a kid i had nightmares of blood & spit spilling rabbits. pretty harsh for an animated film that was supposed for children.