Saturday, July 27, 2013

Controversial Noose

Noose did a European tour last year that ended in a shit storm of controversy, and getting dropped by Refuse Records. I'm not sure of the entire story as I didn't follow the messageboard gossip machine that closely, but apparently the singer said some inflammatory remarks that Robert from Refuse took offense to. Like I said, I don't know all the details, but when you put out a record from a hardline Vegan Straight Edge band that etches "Go vegan...or go fuck yourself" in the deadwax of the 7 inch you are releasing, I assume you have to know what you are getting into.

Because Refuse is a European label, I didn't order the Depraved Indifference 7 inch right away as I had trouble justifying the overseas shipping costs for one record. When all the drama went down, and the label stopped selling the Noose record, I knew it was a mistake to have waited. REVHQ recently uncovered some extra copies, and put them up in their store, I quickly grabbed one.

When REACT! Records released their demo on vinyl, I thought the band were just okay. I liked them more when the second 7 inch, The War Of All Against All, was released. With their third 7 inch, I'm a fan. The more I hear from Noose, the more I like them. Solid.

300 pressed on red vinyl.

No comments: