Friday, May 10, 2013

The Devil's Blood

After falling in love with Blood Ceremony back in 2011, I decided to give The Devil's Blood a try. They both had female singers, and had this 70's rock/occult band thing going on. Since I was loving the hell out of Blood Ceremony, I thought I'd try my luck with The Devil's Blood, and downloaded their album The Time Of No Time Evermore album. After listening to a couple songs, it wasn't feeling it at all so I deleted it.

Now in 2013, I find myself excited for the new Purson and Blood Ceremony albums, and again I'm searching out other similar bands. I decided to give The Devil's Blood another chance and this time I downloaded their The Thousandfold Epicentre album.

Maybe I'm just used to this style more now than I was then, but I found myself enjoying it. While out on a shopping trip to one of the local record stores, I saw the vinyl and on a whim decided to pick it up.

One of the coolest things about this album is the incredible full color booklet. Within it, each song gets a full two page spread with some incredible art and lyrics. Devil boobs and little kids ripped apart by wild dogs. Absolutely stunning.


No comments: