Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Iron Reagan Is Dead

Iron Reagan released a 5 song demo last year that had me salivating for more of their Crossover awesomeness. I was so excited for their new LP that as soon as I saw pre-orders go up at Interpunk, I didn't hesitate to order one.

Shortly after ordering, Doug sent me a message to let me know that the label, A389 Recordings, had limited red vinyl pre-orders up. Oh shit. I was worried that in my excitement, I'd ordered a more common pressing in error. Thankfully, that wasn't the case, and I was glad to receive the LP on white vinyl.

As an additional bonus, I was surprised to find that the pressing from Interpunk was signed by the band, with each member's signature on the lyric sheet insert. Love the upside-down cross on Land Phil's signature.

As for the record...I don't know. It is good and all, but it doesn't completely kick my ass. Parts of it reach towards brilliance, while others seem to float by on auto pilot. I had the same kind of attitude towards the last Municipal Waste album...good enough not to skip, but not enough to make me want to reach for it. Who knows...I warmed up to the last Waste album a little bit, so maybe this Iron Reagan LP will take some time as well.

No comments: