Saturday, April 27, 2013

Uncle Acid Rotten To The Core

Uncle Acid has a new album coming out soon, and in order to get everyone primed and ready, Rise Above released a 7 inch single for the song Poison Apple. We are seeing more and more of these singles, with the exclusive b-side track. While I like the thrill of the new stuff, I can't help but feel like I'm being taken advantage of when labels release these things. Oh well, I'm sure there are bigger wastes of money out there.

It's funny. When I first checked out Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats last year, I couldn't stand the name. Maybe it was the uptight Straight Edge side of me, but I hated that I liked this band so much. Now with this new single, the name on the cover has dropped The Deadbeats, and I find that it really takes a bit away from the whole dirty, fucked up and strange, drughead trip. And you know what? I miss it.

I don't know if it is the influence of the green apple on the cover, but man, the vocals on this thing have a serious John Lennon influence. Great stuff. Can't wait for the next bit of Mind Control.

1 comment:

J@screamingforrecords said...

I completely missed the mind control pre orders at rise above. Must have sold out in minutes cos I had my eye on it!