Monday, April 29, 2013

Single Purson

Another 7 inch single from Rise Above...this time for the band Purson.

I remember Sandwell writing about this band a year ago, but I'd never heard of them at the time. Much to my surprise, their first 7 inch, Rocking Horse, sold out incredibly quick, and with Sandwell making comparisons to Blood Ceremony, I was disappointed to have missed out. To this day, I've still haven't heard this record. Thankfully, Rise Above pressed plenty of copies for Purson's new 7 inch single, Leaning On A Bear, so I'm not left having to pay out the ass on eBay for this one.

If this 7 inch is any indication, Purson's new LP, Circle and the Blue Door, is going to be amazing. A few years ago, I wouldn't have expected to like this brand of female-fronted occult rock...and I can see the style getting played out pretty quickly...but right now, I'm eating this shit up.

Sure the band look like total douchebags, but damn, their singer certainly has my attention.

3 comments:

mcs said...

I too can see a certain attraction to this band! I can also see a member of Adam & The Ants, some dude from 'Young Guns', Mike Vallely and possibly the stupidest title for a record ever conceived.

Mark-Sandwell said...

My friend thought it was a piss take of Bon Jovi's Living on a prayer. Seriously, think about it and it just could be.

Mike said...

ha ha...that is awesome, Mark.