Monday, December 03, 2012

Sacred Love / Secret People

I was aware that the Sacred Love / Secret People split record was on the way, but I had no idea it had been released until I stumbled upon it in the Secret People webstore. Whoa...I wasn't aware this was available yet! Instant buy.

I loved the Secret People 7 inch from a couple of years ago, and I was looking forward to their songs, but it was the Sacred Love song that blew me away. They do one original song here, plus a cover of Fugazi's In Defense of Humans, and I'm totally impressed. Yeah, I liked their releases on Youngblood, but this new song is amazing. Please tell me Sacred Love have more to give.

Pre-release stamped and numbered covers. Number 77 of 100.

As much as I will rave about the Sacred Love side, the Secret People songs are no slouch either. This band is just a blast to listen to...so much fun. These three songs are in the same vein as their 7 inch...great early 80's inspired Hardcore.

Both of these bands deserve more attention than they are currently receiving. Get into it.

No comments: