Sunday, July 29, 2012

REV Reissues: Youth Of Today

A year ago, Revelation Record reissued Youth of Today's Can't Close My Eyes record. The label has been reissuing out a bunch of vinyl lately, but I was surprised to see them do another pressing of this record so soon.

When REV posted that the new pressing on clear vinyl was available, I didn't place my order immediately. A couple of days later, I went to REVHQ to place my order and I was surprised to see it listed as Sold Out. Weird. That sold out pretty fast. Fuck it. I cancelled the rest of my order.

Thankfully, the clear vinyl was back up for sale a few days later. Phew. Crisis averted.

In addition to Can't Close My Eyes, REV also did represses for the other Youth of Today records...thankfully going back to the original cover designs.

We're Not In This Alone was pressed on white vinyl and the layout mirrors the original Caroline pressing.

Even the record labels follow the design of the original pressing. Nice touch.

For Break Down The Walls, Revelation move on from that hideous cover they used with the 1997 repress, but surprisingly they don't use the cover design from their 1988 vinyl pressing either. Instead they go for the original design that was used on the initial pressing from Wishing Well.

To make this one slightly controversial, they went with a dead match of the infamous red vinyl pressing. Of course with the Revelation name all over the cover and record label, no one is going to be fooled into thinking that this is a Wishing Well original.

3 comments:

mcs said...

Good timing on this post. Just in time for the second color pressings on the BDTW & WNITA!

coregasm said...

Just ordered the WNITA (red), BDTW (blue) and CCME (clear) last night. I'm losing my damn shirt with all of these reissues!

Across Your Face said...

I hope they give us one last shot at a "Last, Last" pressing of Bringin it Down on color. Fuck it why not, they have repressed everything else like crazy.