Thursday, July 12, 2012

Possessed For Post Number 666

When I saw that I had post number 666 coming up, I knew that I needed to get a record that would be appropriate. I originally bought the Possessed album, Beyond The Gates, on cassette in '86 or '87, and then in '88 I bought the CD release on Combat that included the Eyes Of Horror EP. After having a conversation with Doug about the Beyond The Gates LP recently, I've been listening to this album a lot lately. I figured it was time to buy it again...this time on the format that I love the most...vinyl!

The packaging on this is excellent. It is hard to believe that a band was able to convince their record label to spend the extra money for this in the mid-80's.

The "gates" of the front cover open to reveal the wastelands of Hell.

The cover keeps folding out for a full six panel spread. Impressive.

Once I realized that I had post number 666 on the horizon, I didn't have much time to react. I quickly jumped on to eBay and started my search. While I would have preferred the Combat pressing, I was happy to settle for the UK pressing on Under One Flag.

2 comments:

J@screamingforrecords said...

Congrats on reaching the dark lords favourite number!

Across Your Face said...

Congratulations! That is an insane amount of posts! We all appreciate them though!!