Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Youngblood: Part 3 - Next Pressings

In addition to the four new releases, Youngblood also had some new pressings of older records available.

First up is the second pressing of the Number-ology 7 inch from Lion Of Judah. While I enjoyed this 7 inch when it was originally released back in 2010, I don't think I spent a lot of time with it. Lately though, it seems like I've been listening to this band more and more. I've been looking to add some more LOJ vinyl to the collection, so this was a nice addition. 350 pressed on clear.

When the first Iron Age LP, Constant Struggle, was released in 2006, I probably only listened to it a handful of times. I thought it was okay at the time, but I was too busy comparing it to Far From Breaking, and didn't really appreciate it like I do today.

When Sean Youngblood put up the four record pre-order back in December, he also made available the last few copies of the Youngblood Ten Year Anniversary press for the Constant Struggle LP that he found laying around. After buying the pre-order press for this LP back in 2006, I then proceeded to ignore all other pressings that Youngblood did for this album. My loss, and now I've got to try and catch up. This copy is a good place to start.

215 pressed on red vinyl...stamped and numbered on the dust sleeve.

Yes, another Youngblood release that I didn't appreciate at the time of it's release. The Escapades LP from Justice seemed like such a departure from the excellent Elephant Skin album. Just like the Iron Age LP, I was one and done...I grabbed the pre-order and then ignored all other pressings. Man, I'm kicking myself now, but at least it will be fun trying to track down what I've missed.

Along with the pre-orders, Youngblood also released the Final Pressing for the Escapades LP. White vinyl with a screened cover. Determined to not miss anymore Youngblood pressings, I quickly added this one to my cart before they were gone.

1 comment:

mcs said...

Didn't even know that Justice thing existed. Damn.