Friday, April 13, 2012

Losin' It In The Danger Zone

Not every band can land on REACT!, Triple B, Back To Back, or even Six Feet Under Records. There are a bunch of great Straight Edge bands kickin' it right now that don't get the benefit of the hype that those bigger labels provide. Truth Inside, Caught In A Crowd, Enough, Step Aside and Written Off...now you can add Losin' It to the list of great new bands.

Life To Live Records aren't as big a label as some of the heavy hitters, but they have put out some quality records, and I sit up and pay attention when they announce pre-orders. After downloading a couple of demos from Losin' It, they instantly won me over with a sound that is reminiscent of the early Mental stuff. Download this shit from their bandcamp page and tell me that you aren't hooked.

Of course I didn't hesitate when Life To Live put up the Losin' It pre-orders, and I grabbed everything available, including the special pre-order cover that was limited to 75.

I love the look of the violet colored vinyl. Limited to 155 pressed.

125 on coke bottle clear vinyl.

155 on black.

Now don't be fooled by the goofy record cover with the alien Floorpunch dude, this is seriously good...I guess the laid back/goofy vibe kind of plays into the Mental influence as well. Lyrically, Losin' It are on their game here, and with a song against homophobia, these guys give you more than your standard Youth Crew anthems. Great stuff.

2 comments:

Across Your Face said...

waiting for this to come in, I ordered it with the provider pre orders, unfortunately missed out on this pre order though. did they sell test presses for this too like they did with the provider pre order???

Mark-Sandwell said...

I like this label too but I'm not as quick on the draw as you are. Will have to check this record out.