Sunday, March 25, 2012

The World Is Ours

Motorhead recently released a live album this year. Do we really need another live album from this band? Including the live sets from the deluxe versions of Iron Fist, Just Another Day, and Orgasmatron, this marks my ninth live release from this band. It's a bit excessive...although I think that Iron Maiden may have them beat.

Overall, The World Is Ours does a decent job of capturing Motorhead live after more than 35 years of touring. That said, I'm not sure how many times I'll really listen to this. First of all, I don't really spend a lot of time with live albums, and even though this double LP has a great mix of songs, I don't need more versions of Ace of Spades and Overkill. Second, this record does not come with a digital download, and with free album downloads online becoming more and more scarce, I don't have a copy of this for my ipod. Seriously...is it worth it for me to rip the mp3s of this album myself?

3 comments:

Mark-Sandwell said...

I still have never seen Motorhead live. It's one of those things that I need to do before I die (or they do).

Mike said...

Somehow, I've never seen them live either, Mark.

Anonymous said...

I have, saw them in Hammersmith back in November. VIP backstage pass, watched the show from stage side, after show party in Mikkey Dee's dressing room! Unforgettable experience.