Monday, March 05, 2012

Omega-2

A few months ago, a friend of mine introduced me to the new album from Omegas, Blasts of Lunacy. Very cool early 80's inspired Hardcore. The problem was, I couldn't find the LP anywhere. Every place I looked, it appeared to be sold out. To this day, I haven't found a copy. To fill the void, I picked up the band's two 7 inches.

First up is the new release, NY Terminator, on Painkiller Records. Decent stuff, but not as strong as the LP. Seems that the white vinyl was sold out when I placed my order, and I ended up with black vinyl. 600 pressed.

While I was at it, I also grabbed a copy of the Sonic Order 7 inch, which was released back in 2009 from High Anxiety and No Idea Records. It has been a long ass time since I've bought anything that No Idea released. This was a nice find. 500 on colored vinyl.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Euro version of the LP available at www.hardware-records.com on green, white and black vinyl.

Rick Smith said...

the drummer of omegas runs mad at the world records and sells them on his store here

http://www.matwrecords.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=526

Mike said...

Thanks guys! I will be ordering.