Saturday, March 10, 2012

No Need To Panic

A while back, I was stuck in an early 2000's Hardcore mode. I was listening to that shit nonstop. Could not get enough. It was during this listening spree that I stumbled upon the two Panic 7 inches. I'd always liked them, but I really hadn't listened to those songs for years. I spun them once. Wow. They were better than I remembered, and I set the ipod on repeat. After working through those two records a few times, I remembered that Panic had released another record a few years after they had broken up. I wasn't too interested in checking it out when it was released in 2006, but now the band had my attention again and I was curious. With a little searching, I found the songs for the Circles 12 inch online. From the first song, Rise, I knew that I needed to find a copy of this.

My search for a vinyl copy of Circles was easy enough. REV had it in stock, and I grabbed a copy with my latest order. This record really impressed me, and I think it is a great follow up to their Bridge Nine records. I've never made the comparison before, but on this record, Panic reminds me The Nerve Agents. I can dig it.

1 comment:

mcs said...

Same here. I loved those two 7"s (esp the first) but i wasn't interested when this 12" came out. Still never heard it.