Monday, February 20, 2012

Suicidal Maniac

Early 80's Hardcore has been ruling my life the past couple of weeks. I can't get enough of it right now. Even newer bands with that similar sound are getting sucked into my daily playlists. One of those bands is Career Suicide.

I was first introduced to the band back in 2008 through a fellow blogger at the time. I picked up their Attempted Suicide album, and even though I loved that LP, I didn't search out any other records from them. For the life of me, I can't imagine why I didn't branch out any further from that one LP.

After picking up the Night Birds vinyl through Grave Mistake, I decided to browse through their webstore to see if anything else jumped out at me. I saw the first EP from Career Suicide, and figured that it was finally time to expand my collection. Great stuff.

When I received my order, I was surprised to find the new reissue of Career Suicide's Cherry Beach 7 inch. I didn't order it, but if you want to give it to me, I'll take it. Originally released back in 2008 as a limited tour 7 inch, the band re-recorded 2 of the 3 songs, and reissued it with two new songs last year. Nice to see they are still active and releasing some cool music.

No comments: