Tuesday, February 14, 2012

MIdnight Six Sixty Six

Sandwell likes some good Hardcore, but there is no doubt about it, the guy knows his Metal as well. Back in December he posted about a new album from a band called Midnight. I'd never heard of them, but he was loving the album so I quickly downloaded it to check it out.

Midnight is basically a whole lot of early Venom, wrapped up with some Motorhead. I can see why Mark likes this so much. With those influences, you can't lose. I mean, every time I see the band's name, I can't help but start to sing the first lines of Venom's Leave Me In Hell...."Midnight six sixty six...". Serious 80's Metal worship going on here...so much so that I can ignore the sophomoric lyrics on songs like Lust, Filth and Sleaze, and the bonus song that is only available on the vinyl pressing, TAP (Tits, Ass, Pussy). Juvenile? Yes. Good thing I don't have a high level of standards for Metal lyrics.

There were a few different vinyl options for the LP. I went with the blue vinyl pressing.

1 comment:

Mark-Sandwell said...

Haha another one joins the unholy church of Midnight.