Saturday, January 21, 2012

Ghost of Christmas Present

It isn't very often that I head out to shows these days, even more rare that I make it out to a Metal show. However, last night was one that I could not miss. Ghost and Blood Ceremony in Boston. Yes, I even skipped the Step Forward and Disengage show that was happening the same night. While I love those two Hardcore bands, it would have taken a Chain of Strength reunion to keep me away from making it out to catch a date on Ghost's first US tour.

The show was worth the two hour drive by myself. The show just felt like something special. I love Blood Ceremony, but they still exceeded my expectations on the stage. Alia O'Brian was pretty hot, and the band sounded amazing. When the guitar riff kicked in for the song Oliver Haddo, it put a huge smile on my face. Ghost was an amazing spectacle. Musically they weren't as impressive as Blood Ceremony, but you still could not take your eyes off their satanic pope front man, Papa Emeritus. He was a commanding presence on that stage. Even their cover of Here Comes The Sun from The Beatles, was incredibly haunting. All in all, it was a hell of a night out.

After catching Ghost live last night, I figured that it was a good time to post my latest copy of their Opus Eponymous LP. This one was a gift from my Mom at Christmas. 500 pressed on clear with purple splatter.

This is my fourth copy of this album. I typically don't purchase multiple copies of Metal albums for my collection. Usually one is enough. That does not seem to be the case for Ghost. After setting up the four copies of vinyl for this picture, I found myself overwhelmed with the desire to head over to Rise Above, and grab another copy.

2 comments:

Alternate 1995 said...

Dude, such an incredible album. They were playing manhattan last week and I couldn't get my shit together enough to drive 2 hours. DAMN! I should've went. Balls.

matt said...

I'm loving this record. Elizabeth gives me chills. Thanks for turning me on to this album!