Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Fire, Ice and a Test Press

A while back, Triple B Records put up a bunch of rare vinyl in their webstore to fund some up and coming releases. I picked up a couple of things, but I was also pretty tempted by the test press they had available for the Fire & Ice Collections album. It was priced at $100, and in the end, I thought it was too high, so I passed on it.

A month or so later, there was another one up on eBay. I had my eye on it, but when it sold for $66, it was still too rich for my blood at that time.

November rolls around, and I find another one up on eBay. This time it is being sold by Ryan Groat, the band's guitar player. Now I'm determined to finally own a copy. Sale price, $38.00. Sweet deal.

Nothing too exciting with the packaging. Just a white sleeve with a sticker up in the corner.

Limited to 15.

2 comments:

mcs said...

Pretty soon you're going to have to take a photo of the complete Fire & Ice collection that you will no doubt soon have.

Mike said...

I think the only one I'm missing is the most common pressing for Gods & Devils...plus the test pressings for the 7 inches, but I don't count those.