Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Tokyo Straight Edge

I received the new Inside 7 inch a couple weeks ago, along with the Tremors 7 inches from Six Feet Under. The download code included with the Inside 7 inch didn't work, so I had to rip the mp3's using my USB turntable. The process isn't that difficult, but it's such a pain in the ass compared to a quick download. Because of this hassle, it took me a couple of weeks to hear the record...and thus delayed my post. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever had a download from SFU work successfully.

In case you didn't notice the cover for the record, Inside are a Straight Edge band out of Tokyo. They have a sound that is similar to Foundation and fit in with the SFU roster nicely. The thing with Inside is that they sing in Japanese. I don't know what they are saying, and I can't sing along. Can I connect to a band if I can't plug in and scream the lyrics? Regardless of how well Inside play this style of Hardcore, I wonder how often I'll really play this record.

Six Feet Under pressed 200 on both blue and red colored vinyl. They only kept 30 of the red to sell in The States, and shipped the rest to Tokyo.

No comments: