Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Out Of Vogue

A few years ago, I was introduced to the band Abhinanda. I guess they were kind of big in the mid-90's. I wouldn't know, they had a weird name that I couldn't pronounce, so I ignored them. Onno forced them on me in our Album of the Month Club on last.fm, and I was surprised at how great they were. In 2011, Abhinanda is long gone, but their singer pulled together a new band called Out Of Vogue and released a 7 inch on Salad Days Records.

Out Of Vogue have more of a fast punk/hardcore sound, as opposed to the Refused influenced sound of Abhinanda. One listen, and I was headed to the Salad Days store to pick up a copy. The only way to get the limited clear vinyl pressing was to order the package deal that came with a shirt. Meh, I couldn't justify spending that much at the time, so I went cheap and just ordered the blue vinyl.

150 pressed on blue.

When I received my Out Of Vogue vinyl, I found that David Salad Days had thrown in an extra 7 inch from his old band, Broken Distance. Every time I order from Salad Days, I always find some record or CD from a band that I'd never heard of. Broken Distance were a cool Hardcore band out of Portugal. They kind of remind me of Blue Monday or Go It Alone. Good stuff from a band that I probably wouldn't have heard of otherwise.

No comments: