Saturday, November 12, 2011

Bridge Nine Nightmare

Give Up The Ghost? I don't think so. No matter what name is listed on the album, they will always be American Nightmare to me.

Bridge Nine followed up the Carry On re-issue with another 10 year anniversary press...this time for the first two American Nightmare EP's. As opposed to the double 7 inch pressing they did back in 2004, this time Bridge Nine pressed the Year One record on a more convenient 12 inch format.

The truth is, I'm not a huge fan of American Nightmare. They are pretty good, and I acknowledge the influence they had on the scene at the time, but I've never been crazy about them...in fact after the first two EP's, I could really give a shit. I wasn't really jumping to order this, and like the Ceremony covers 12 inch, I quickly changed my mind once I saw how nice the vinyl looked. I was quick enough to grab the most limited pressing. 500 on black with red.

This record comes with a nice, big, fold-out lyric sheet with photos and stuff on the back. The coolest part is the flyers on here, which include the two shows they played in Maine that I was at...one with Right Brigade, and one with In My Eyes, which also happened to be AN's first show ever.

Bridge Nine did an excellent job with this re-issue. From the vinyl to the embossed cover...total quality.

1 comment:

Dan Emery said...

Wow that's really awesome, I need to order this...