Thursday, October 20, 2011

Rearranged

When Aram first started REACT!, it seemed like he was just looking to help out his friends and put out a limited run of records for their bands. Get The Most, Mindset, ON, Breakthrough (hey, when is that record coming out?). The label seemed to take off, and quickly became a major player in the hardcore scene. I wonder if he ever saw REACT! getting as big as it is. Look at some of the bands from the 2011 roster. Remission (Chili), Common Cause (Norway), Clearsight (Ukraine) and the newest addition, Rearranged (Russia). Impressive. REACT! has been preparing for worldwide Straight Edge domination. Let me be first in line to join the revolution.

I honestly don't know if I would have bothered checking out Rearranged if they weren't on REACT!. The only thing that I'd heard from them was one song from a compilation last year, and while it was decent, it didn't really grab me. This new 7 inch, on the other hand, is a big step up.

It's got a cool hardcore sound that brings bands like Uniform Choice to mind, but I'll be damned if Drilling doesn't remind me of some of the early 90's emo/hardcore stuff like Bob Tilton.

Another quality record from REACT!. The Rearranged record went up for pre-order along with the new Skin Like Iron album. I checked out some of the Skin Like Iron stuff, but I was really not feeling it...at all. It pained me to do so, but I couldn't bring myself to spend the money on it. The first REACT! release that I didn't buy all available pressings. In fact, I didn't even order one copy. I feel incomplete.

200 on white, 300 on blue, 500 on black.

While I was in the REACT! store, I also grabbed a copy of Rearranged's New Forms LP. Released on Anger Battery Records, black vinyl was limited to 300.

2 comments:

matt said...

I couldn't bring myself to order a copy of the Skin Like Iron LP either. I even had it in my had at this years Sound and Fury, but put it back. In hindsight I probably should have bought it.. but whatevs.

Wade said...

the rearranged 7" is good. i havent heard the lp, ill have to check it out. the skin like iron lp came out great.