Saturday, July 30, 2011

Camp Records Presents

I've said it before, I'm not a fan of compilations. One song from a band, while it can be a nice introduction, doesn't really give me much of an indication as to if the band is going to stick with me or if they are disappear like so many bands from the Voice of the Voiceless comp.


When Camp Records announced they were releasing a 7 inch comp, More Than A Piece Of Mind, I was torn. Sure there were some up and coming bands that I was interested in checking out, but still, it was a tough decision to part with the five dollars for this one. In the end, my curiosity to check out bands like Truth Inside, razorXfade, and the new Caught In A Crowd song, was enough incentive to make the purchase. All of the bands on the comp are good, but the production is pretty rough and it all sounds like a demo recording...nothing amazing, but it will be cool to see if any of these bands can take the next step, and it is always cool to see kids still passionate about this style of music. Keep it up.



25 of the red vinyl came with the green cover for pre-orders. Hand numbered on the dust sleeve, and I got number 10.

1 comment:

Dustin said...

Hey man, not sure how into razorXfade you are, but they just released an LP. You can grab it here: http://notnormal.bigcartel.com/product/razorxfade-lp
It rips.