Monday, April 25, 2011

Gettin' Down

You ever have one of those records that you are just lukewarm to upon your first couple of listens, but as time goes on and you listen to it a few more times, it grows and grows on you? Before you know it, you can't get enough of it. The Age Of Ignorance 7 inch from Downpresser is a perfect example of that record.

At the end of 2010, I ordered the AHC comp from Triple B, and threw in the Downpresser 7 inch as an afterthought. Hey, it was the limited Sound and Fury pressing, so I figured I might as well pick one up. I enjoyed it, but it wasn't really a style of Hardcore that I generally listen to that much. I casually threw the songs on to my ipod, and a few months later I found myself checking my biceps in the mirror and wanting to do some crazy karate spin kicks in the mosh pit. You don't fuck with this record. Great stuff.

Green vinyl. 300 pressed.

No comments: